Home > Support
Individuals, businesses or organizations can purchase commemorative pavers (bricks) that will be laid in various areas of Owens Place!
There will be a 5K Walk, Roll, Run sponsored by the local Lions Clubs, to help raise funds for Owen's Place. The 5K, (3.1 miles).
2260 Dayton-Xenia Rd. Beavercreek, OHInfo/register: www.keysports.net
Registration begins at 10:00am
5K begins at 1:00pm
at the gazebo in Owens Place, will go through Hunters Ridge/Hunters
Pointe and finish at Owens Place.
The race is open to runners/walkers/ and wheel chair participants.
$20. 00 adults before September 20; $25.00 after that.
Children 9 and under $10.00
Registration before Sept. 20 guarantees a t-shirt.
Go to the above link to register.
In addition to participants volunteers are need for as long a period of time as they can donate. Please contact Gussie Jones
Sponsorships are available and participants are encouraged to get others to sponsor you.
We have to dream big in order to solve a big need in our own community.
National statistics show that nearly 1 out of 5 individuals has some form of disability. This results in nearly 34,000 individuals in our community who lack an area where they are free to experience the great outdoors in a safe and universally accessible environment. 1 out of every 10 Beavercreek School District students is a special needs child - over 1,000 children in all.
Owen’s Place, a non-profit organization (501(c)3 through its partnership with Greene Giving), is planned for a phased development schedule. Phase One, the central play space, is estimated to require over $350,000. The baseball diamonds, tree house and other areas will be covered in additional phases.
We have already received a great amount of support and information from the community, and we’re just at the beginning.
You’re support is greatly needed to keep our momentum going.
Big Efforts to-date from Local Organizations:
- Beavercreek Township Trustees and Park District Board have allowed usage of acreage in the largest and most fully equipped parks in the city.
- Greene County Board of Developmental Disabilities will provide a portion of the funding.
- Greenebucs, dedicated to providing independence for individuals with disabilities, has indicated it will contribute both financial and physical support.
- Beavercreek Rotary has donated the proceeds from its last 4 golf outings to this project.
- Miami Valley Legislators have indicated their support of the idea and their willingness to try and secure partial funding through the state budget.
How You Can Help:
Host a Fund Raiser
And more to come…
To learn more about opportunities to provide support please contact:
Trish Gustafson at 937.422.7924
Gussie Jones at 937.562.6504